I have spent the last two days at the GAFE Summit held at Kolbe College in Rockingham. This would have to be one of the best conferences I have ever attended. Why, you ask?
- Very informal with loads of discussion and collaborative planning time.
- Approachable presenters and organisers.
- A range of sessions available to suit all levels of GAFE learner.
- The demo slam at the end of day 1 (I voted for Betcher).
- The collaborative learning environment here at Kolbe College.
I consider myself to be pretty strong when it comes to GAFE (Google Apps For Education), but I have had at least three takeaways from each session I have attended! #brilliant
Favourite takeaway so far is the BreakOutEdu kits that @TeachMissSutton shared. Complete engagement and collaboration was obtained by putting the BreakOut box on the table for us to solve. We were given 45 minutes to solve it and did so with 13 minutes to spare. I would love to put something like this into action for the PD days I run.
For more info on the kits check out this link: BreakOutEdu
Here is the link to all of my Tweets from the Summit. Hope they are of some use to you. :)